The original concept of Sophie who blogs here, the two piece set-acular was devised as a challenge back in July 2014.
The philosophy was print on print, matchy matchy, two piece coordinated outfit. I’m all about twin sets and complete pattern submersion, but for some reason this didn’t tickle my fancy at the time.
Things change. I became a little obsessed with the idea recently and found myself with an idea for creating a screen printed fabric from what was on hand in my stash.
This is how it evolved…
- Original purchase of burgundy linen from The Drapery in Adelaide.
- A pin from two years ago that has been playing over in my mind (but took me two days to find on my board!).
- The screen printing stencil taken drawn from a 1950’s floral print (created here).
- An idea for an operatic combination to wear to this exhibition.
- The Gabriola skirt from Sewaholic and the Elisalex bodice with circle skirt peplum from By Hand London.
- Luncheon with one of my dearest friends, Boo.
Some of my favourite #twopiecesetacular ‘s can be found here (my favourite by Jen, props for the props!), here, here and here, with a round up by Sohpie here.
I love this outfit so much. The colour way is fabulous. The fit is spot on. And the skirt has such wonderful swish.
Thank you Sophie for daring to take us back to the 90’s. I love my two piece.