Today, for my first post, I present to you my homework from a course I’m currently studying online at Blog with Pip. My homework was a “take stock” list which can be seen below. It’s also a little reflection on where this journey of blogging, dress making, tea drinking, and all round craftiness will drift, with purpose!
- Making : a dress for the NIN concert in March
- Cooking : chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies
- Drinking : tea, lots of tea
- Reading: new blogs and trashy sci-fi
- Wanting: more energy
- Looking: at my new mac book
- Playing: UNO
- Deciding: what to write for my first blog
- Wishing: that Lost Girl would start again
- Enjoying: my family doing homework
- Waiting: for the home loan to be finalised
- Liking: my geraniums in the front garden
- Wondering: why every day is pants off day at home
- Loving: my new mac book
- Pondering: the benefit of a pedicure
- Considering: a new hair colour
- Watching: Dexter season 1
- Hoping: for world peace…
- Marvelling: at kids learning
- Needing: nothing!
- Smelling: bush fire smoke
- Wearing: pants, the non conformist in the house
- Following: the bloggess
- Noticing: the cool breeze
- Knowing: i’m heading in the right direction
- Thinking: I’ve got awesome friends
- Feeling: tired
- Admiring: my fellow bloggers
- Sorting: fabric
- Buying: nothing after having got the Mac!
- Getting: a hair piece, from Etsy, in the mail!
- Bookmarking: not much
- Disliking: the current state of Australian politics
- Opening: my parents mail
- Giggling: at bad taxidermy
- Feeling: still tired
- Snacking: on passionfruit curd
- Coveting: new shoes
- Helping: myself to new technology
Thanks for dropping by! In the next few weeks I will be focusing on some crafty goodness that I’ve been up to, including some print making and some dresses that are on the cutting table.
Until next time, curtsey to you.
well done on your first blog post and an interesting list too
Thank you, good to start somewhere.
great first post and a very interesting list
Nice post! he he I love Lost Girl too 🙂
When is it going to show on Foxtel???? That’s what I’m pondering now!
Curtesy to you – bless! Great work fellow Pipster.
Thanks. I’m bringing the curtsey back in all its glory.
Well done Pip, homework done well – looking forward to seeing your crafty bits
Thank you. Next weeks project!
I’m with you on the pollies! Great start!
Yes “shakes head”
Welcome to the Blogosphere. It can start to be difficult to regularly feed a blog, but it is a great thing to do. I have been blogging on and off for a number of years and I have learnt so much about myself and others during this time. A few things I have learnt is don’t be self-conscious about what you write and don’t take criticism to heart. Also, don’t put any arbitrary limits on what you wish to write about. Early in my blogging career I limited myself to only writing about politics, but that was a mistake and now I write about anything.
Keep on blogging.
Thank you for your welcome! I like your advise, and shall endeavour to undertake it. I was initially very limited by what I was going to write about and then I figured, it’s my space and my story, I shall write what I like.
I continue to enjoy reading your blog.
Love your list Pipsie,
Your flowers are gorgeous too.
Thank you! The first flowers I have ever grown. Proud!